Saturday, September 29, 2007

A day in the beach

Spent the afternoon on Takapuna Beach in North Shore. Daniel and his friend Youssef picked us (Nicole and I) up and met up with some of the guys at the beach. I can't remember all their names. Sorry guys! There were two more girls, Miko (Jpn) and Lee (Kor) and 5 other guys. It was a mixed group. We all knew each other through Daniel and most of us just met this afternoon. It was fun! Even though I didn't know most of them, I didn't have a hard time hanging out. Everybody just came from different places and were at different points in their lives. Some are still studying Uni, others recently graduated and of course, there were others who are doing post-grad studies.

The sun was out but it was very windy and cold. To keep warm, Nicole and I kicked a soccer ball around and later threw a rugby ball. Moving around really kept us warm. The sun didn't bother me much, but I think nangitim ako.

The guys played touch rugby and cooled down with a swim in the COLD water. Before heading home, we had fish and chips. Yum yum.

We are planning another beach outing for next week. I hope that pushes through. :)

Note: pictures to follow...

No comments: