Thursday, September 11, 2008

Baking dilemma

There was a scone making competition at work last week. Everyone was encouraged to bake scones. There was even a recipe book that we can all use.

Never thought baking would be difficult. How hard is it to measure the ingredients and mix them together. Let me tell you...never half a recipe when its the first time you've ever used it. The recipe says that the mixture can serve 12. The office competition only needed 6 scones. So I decided to bake only half a recipe. Ha! It was a complete failure. I put too many water and the butter didn't even mix well with the flour. Nevertheless, I baked it thinking that it might still go well. It didn't. It tasted like flour. yuck!

Oh well, I've never liked scones anyway.

But I need to prove to myself that I'm not a complete failure in baking. So I've decided I need to bake a good batch of chocolate chip cookies over the weekend. Will let you know how it goes. In the meantime, I need to go to Wendy's to buy my dinner.

No comments: