Friday, July 27, 2007

Blowfish


We (Ate and I) ate out Wednesday night with Marie, Pia and TM (friends of Ate). We went to a new Japanese restaurant called Blowfish. We don't know why they named it that way when in fact blowfish is poisonous. Anyway, the place is very nice and classy. It even showed Anime cartoons on TV and had a beautiful Anime painting of a girl in one side of the wall.

The menu gave us a variety of sushi, sashimi and entrees but they didn't serve rice meals. The food was expensive and in small quantities. Good thing the dishes they served were delicious. Twenty minutes after sitting down and numerous visit from 2 different waiters, the group finally decided on the dish to order.



Ate and I ordered The Punch (beef eye fillet with potato rings), Tuna Sashimi, Eggplant something (didn't bother to know the name since I wouldn't be eating it). Marie ordered Salmon Sashimi. It was delicious. I think i liked it better than tuna which is good since salmon here is relatively cheaper and more common than tuna.

After dinner, we ordered dessert. Ate, Pia and I shared green tea cheesecake with green tea ice cream while Mari and TM ordered cake with chocolate ice cream (i'm making it sound ordinary but the name of the dish sounded really delicious.) Guess from the picture which is which. hehehe....

For all of you who knows me very well, I couldn't leave this new place without taking a look at the restroom. :) Look at that faucet!! You press the circle in the middle and the water flows out of the "cube" like a waterfall

Despite the proportion of the food, surprisingly, I found myself full at the end of the meal .



2 comments:

Unknown said...

While it is true that Blowfish is poisonous, if prepared by a trained chief, then the edible parts can be separated from the poisonous bits.

As such, because of the skill required, it is considered a luxury to eat it, and some what daring, I suppose.

So naming the restaurant "Blowfish" I assume would be to try and convey that supposed luxury.

Shebadoo said...

Haha. Nice restroom nga!