Saturday, July 21, 2007

International Business Dinner

Last night, the International Business (IB) Program hosted a dinner for all IB students. This includes Post-graduate students (that's us), Masteral students (students who've finished the post-graduate degree) and teachers. Everyone was asked to bring a plate from their home country and everyone can bring their partner!

I cooked bistek and asked Ate Dodon to come with me as my partner. The bistek was a hit! Some had seconds. I didn't cooked too many cause I was afraid that there would be a lot of leftovers. I guess they liked it since it wasn't such a strange food. Others brought KFC and Pizza hut. hehehe... typical americans. There were a lot of sweets too. A Brazilian classmate of mine brought macaroons!! I can't remember what it's called in Brazil. Other foods were quiche, woody pudding, cucumber and potato salad, indonesian salad (forgot the name), and some puffs. Many really exerted effort to prepare a dish but others just bought food from the grocery and fast food.

I thought dinner wouldn't last very long but I was mistaken. Ate and I had a good time conversing with different people. The group was composed of a Chinese American, 2 from Hongkong, 2 Germans, 1 French, 1 Kiwi and 2 Pinoys (kami yun).

For me, it was a chance to talk to my classmates outside of class. I learned a lot about them that I wouldn't have the chance if we were just in the classroom. There was a debate about national pride and the american dream. We talked about the different driving styles and educational system.

It was a shame that the married people went home early. They missed out on a lot of things. Also, I don't have pictures. I guess picture taking isn't a big thing here. I completely forgot about it too.

1 comment:

Shebadoo said...

Sayang you didn't take pictures. Next time take a picture of the food, too. Wala ka tuloy proof na nag-luto ka talaga. Haha!