Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mid-winter

Brrr... its the middle of winter again. I think it's colder now than last year. One good thing is that the house is warmer than the apartment, so I get to stay warm in my bedroom. I rarely watch tv in the living area coz it's sooo cold outside. I don't want to move the heater from the bedroom just so I can watch an hour of tv.

Last Saturday, it was so cold that rain turned to hail 3 times that day. One in the morning, one in the afternoon and one at night. Temperature went down to as low as zero degrees celsius. That night, I just watched droplets of ice fall in front of my window. The lawn was littered with pebbles of ice. I can hear the wind howling. I was so happy that I stayed home and didn't have to suffer the cold outside.

This morning though was an experience I don't want repeated often. My car was covered in frost. The door was frozen shut!! I had to pour water all over the car to melt the ice. I had to trickle water around the door so that I can open the door. Once I was able to open the door, I turned on the the car heater so that warm air will hasten the melting of the ice on my windshield. For all my trouble, I was late going to work. *sigh* I need to wake up earlier tomorrow just in case there's frost again. I'm so happy I don't live in a place that snows.

No comments: