Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stormy weather and cookies

I wonder why my three recent posts are all about NZ weather...hehehe... Guess I'm still marveling at its difference with Davao weather. I'm now home alone listening to the strong wind and the rain drops hitting the window every time the wind blows.

There was a storm over the weekend with gale winds reaching over a hundred kph. Many of the seaside towns experienced floods and power outage. Good thing it wasn't too bad in the city. We even managed to watch the Dark Knight despite the news advising people to stay at home. Tigas ulo no?

Today the I didn't even notice the sunshine. It was cloudy and dreary. It could also be the reason why my day wasn't so good as well. I had tons of work. Don't get me wrong. I love to have a lot of things to do. The difference is that today, it was a lot of the small stuffs. Each vying for their attention. I couldn't stick to one task and concentrate cause the phone would ring or an email would pop up or someone would drop by needing something. My head is spinning just thinking about it. I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Today, I also became the cookie lady. Our receptionist is on holiday and people assumed that I have the keys to the drawer where the cookies are kept. I don't have them. The HR lady does and she's keeping a tight lid on our cookie supply. There are 15 of us in the Finance Dept and we usually have 2 packs for morning tea and another 2 for afternoon tea. Since the receptionist went on holiday, we were down to 2 packs a day. Today, the HR lady said that we should stick to 1 pack a day because we don't have enough supplies and that the cookies are a privilege. Well well...she should hear my colleagues complain. They want their cookies badly. I was able to keep 1 pack today so hopefully, we'll have 2 packs for tomorrow. How I wish our receptionist is back.

2 comments:

Shebadoo said...

Ano? May cookie rations kayo? Siniswerte. hehehe.

suzain said...

Oo, may cookie rations kami. Standard man daw yan dito. Alala ko sa school dati may cookies din sa kitchen.